Technical UX Designer
Bungie is seeking a Technical UX Designer to join our UI/UX Org. This design role will plan and implement large-scale UI/UX features in close collaboration with Design, Art, and Engineering Leads to deliver major experiential features for future releases of Destiny.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Build and maintain large-scale UI/UX features within our Systems Org and contribute directly to our design guidelines and style guides
- Gain proficiency in proprietary software tools and pipeline processes to implement visual designs (including visual elements like text, bitmaps, and animations) to a fully-functional and polished state
- Collaborate with engineering on toolbox, technical requirements, and data flows
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers to creatively solve design problems, taking into account UX principles and technical limitations
- Devise and champion best practices for implementation in the areas of structure, organization, reusability, and maintainability.
Advocate best practices for UI content development and principles and communicate changes to stakeholders across a whole project
- Utilize graphics software applications to design and produce graphics for UI content
- Aid and support in final design and visual polish of various in-game elements, as needed
- Experience in the field of technical implementation and deployment of large-scale games or software solutions
- Skills in implementing a fully functional and visually polished User Interface
- Practical understanding of UX methodology, UI mechanics, and Design theory
- Effective at communication and problem solving
- An understanding of graphics optimization and engine constraints
- Ability to take creative approach to solving challenging, complex problems
- Strong organization skills and the ability to follow established conventions
- Technical ability to pick up complex authoring tools effectively
- Enthusiasm for making industry leading game UI
- Scripting/programming experience
- Experience working in Agile and using a User-Centered Design process
- Previous working experience in games across multiple platforms
- Motion Graphics and Visual Effects
In 2022, most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a flexible schedule working from home (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently, only a select range of positions are available for remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.