(Closed) Technical Music Designer
Do you have a love for games, a musical ear, and thorough, methodical organizational skills to help an audio team to achieve its full potential? Can you design and implement music and audio systems and content based on complex needs, and can you edit and integrate musical content to ensure that it consistently sounds as intended? Most importantly, do you enjoy audio production and want to contribute to the creation of memorable media? Bungie currently has a unique opportunity that requires these skills.
Our current mission is to add a bold new member to our Audio Team. Bungie is looking for a multi-talented technical audio designer with music editorial and audio production skills. Your work will help integrate music and ensure that the integration plays as intended. If you love playing games, bring your passion to the Audio Team at Bungie.
Estimated duration: 12 months
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Follow documented plans to implement music in Wwise and create assets for game implementation
- Editorially create and export music assets from music stems, both in Wwise and in various DAWs Interactive music system design collaboration and iteration Create and modify music scripting, as needed
- Thoroughly test the musicality, quality, and reliability of the music integration and transitions Coordinate with Test to track issues and log bugs relating to the music integration
- Coordinate with Test to prepare builds for playtests and to schedule playtests
- Work with engineering and design to clarify and resolve issues
- Help manage and organize music assets and files
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills and a methodical work ethic
- Highly attentive to detail
- Keen organizational skills
- Experience with music editorial and implementation in Audiokinetic Wwise
- Proven track record in music editing, music implementation, and music system design
- Basic understanding of music theory, and keen ears
- Good technical computer skills and capable of quickly learning new software
- Familiarity with test processes for games
- An interest in interactive audio
- Proficient with digital audio production techniques
- Experience with Pro Tools and Nuendo is a plus
- Familiarity with basic scripting
- A passion for games