Technical Artist (Mid-Senior) - Unannounced Project
Bungie is seeking a Technical Artist ready to drive improvements in content creation workflows and visual fidelity. Do you ever use MacGyver techniques to get art to function and behave in spectacular ways with what you have available to you (batteries, feather and duct-tape are not included)? When you use 3D animation software, do you find yourself gravitating toward the script editor to automate and extend the functionality in ways never before imagined by humans? If so, you might be just who we’re looking for!
Our team is focused on bringing new worlds to life and we need creative technologists with diverse perspectives to help us achieve that goal. As a Technical Artist, you will collaborate with the art team to define the pipelines and techniques that will deliver our shared vision. The team will challenge and grow your technical versatility as you tackle a diverse set of visual challenges with an eye on sustainable solutions.
Do you love bouncing ideas around with the team, helping spin up new work, polishing the game to a gleaming shine, and ensuring it plays perfectly? We are right there with you, it's what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things, and we think you might fit in just fine.
- Build out new tools to empower artists to do their best work
- Align artists around technical standards for asset creation
- Assist Artists with the setup of complex game assets and workflows
- Provide content examples to validate to new workflows and inspire others
- Provide guidelines for managing asset memory and performance across platforms
- Provide classroom and/or written material to maximize content creator efficiency
- Proven experience in Technical Art or similar
- Proficient working in and developing for Maya
- Experience creating tools in Python or C#
- Working knowledge of PBR concepts, lighting and shader systems
- Service minded approach to supporting and enabling others
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
- Passion for video games and the process to the create them
- Experience reading and writing shader code in HLSL or GLSL
- Experience creating new render features for an engine
- Production knowledge of Houdini
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.