A bolt of lightning is less impressive without a clap of thunder. A flash is lost without a bang. As a Sound Designer, you complete the equation that marries visual to audio.
Bungie needs a seasoned audio artist to add sound to our fury. This is a unique opportunity to join an audio team that has revolutionized the way sound effects, music, and dialogue are merged into the visceral experience of playing a game.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Create original sound effects and implement them in the game
- Effectively manage sound and dialog assets
- Implement and manipulate audio to create dynamic content within Wwise
- Participate in determining technical or artistic approaches in developing new or enhanced technical tools
- Communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other developers about the SFX needs of various areas of the game
- Collaborate with the audio team to ensure SFX consistency unified with Destiny audio and game design
- Demonstrated experience creating sound for games and/or multimedia
- Excellent understanding of game audio aesthetics and implementation methods
- Proficiency with modern computer-based audio production tools such as Pro Tools, Logic, Peak, and Sound Forge
- Deep understanding of audio content deliverables necessary for creating dynamic game assets
- A thorough understanding of traditional studio engineering, audio postproduction, and location recording techniques
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience implementing game audio via Audiokinetic Wwise strongly preferred
- Scripting experience desired