(Closed) Senior World Artist - Unannounced Project
Bungie is looking for a Senior World Artist who can bring positivity and experience to help create fantastic environments that support great gameplay. This is an amazing opportunity to shape both the environmental layout and aesthetics of a visually inspired AAA title. If you enjoy shaping the world around a player experience, then this is the role for you. As a Senior World Artist, you will be responsible for authoring great assets and building the environments that make up the world. You will execute on the team’s vision and goals regarding artist quality and player experiences.
If this is the experience you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you, we are right there with you, it's what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things, and we think you might fit in just fine. Be a part of our team and let's create new worlds together!
- Collaborate with concept and art direction to create assets that are visually stunning and consistent with established style and built to best practices for efficiency
- Collaborate with world designers to design environments that are awesome game-play spaces as well as visually stunning works of art
- Modeling environment geometry from simple mass-out to finished states
- UV map and paint custom texture sets for levels
- Light spaces using proprietary lighting tools developed just for you
- Finish out environments with detail objects, decals, dynamic lights, and animated objects
- Frequently seek and gather input from the team to integrate and continually improve creatively
- Effective communication, including giving constructive, actionable feedback and knowing when to ask for assistance
- Ability to work autonomously and in a cross-team collaboration dynamic
- Strong understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Solid sense of spatial awareness to creating design spaces that promote engaging game play
- Analytical approach and understanding of how environment art affects game play
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Be task driven, self-motivated, and proactive with strong organizational and time management skills
- Actively engage in gameplay sessions and participate in feedback discussions
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or Unity3D or other modern development toolsets
- Experience with and passion for competitive games
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.