Do you appreciate smooth user interfaces? Do you cringe at unintuitive menus and unresponsive controls? Do you have an eye for detail and polished experiences? Would you like to work on awe-inspiring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to inspirational industry talent at a company that values work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As a Senior UI Engineer at Bungie, you will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and evolving user interface systems and features. You will be directly involved in enabling our creative teams to bring elegant UI designs to life, empowering them to craft incredible player experiences.
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Work closely with designers and engineers from multiple teams to create, extend, and maintain features in the UI
- Learn and extend our in-game user interface engine and related designer tools
- Professional C/C++ coding experience
- Experience developing user interfaces and interface systems for games
- Excitement about user experience and the way it interfaces with software
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to build features and achieve goals
- This position is full time in our offices in Bellevue & Seattle and we currently require all employees onsite to be fully vaccinated
- Prior console development experience
- Experience building or maintaining foundational UI systems for other engineers and content creators
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.