Do you love games that engage their players as long-term hobbies? Do you believe you can help design and develop systems for engagement and monetization that enhance the game as a hobby? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with both gameplay teams and business teams? Would you like to join Bungie in creating our next enduring game IP?
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on commerce you will be responsible for developing and continuously improving commerce systems for Bungie's next big game. You will be working closely with our gameplay team, Bungie's central services team, and our business team to gather requirements, define technology roadmaps, and build systems to help these teams achieve their goals. You will review gameplay and business requirements to ensure that we our meeting our business goals in compliance with our monetization values. You will be engaged in full stack development across both client and service technology and ensuring that we have built systems that are secure, scalable, and agile. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and energetic team devoted to creating world-class gaming experiences.
- With minimal oversight, design and build commerce technology, starting from the perspective of the player experience
- Efficiently deliver production code, workflows, and tools across multiple tech stacks in C++ and C# codebases
- Ensure that our commerce systems are secure, scalable, and aligned with our values
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to solve problems with technology, including areas such as player engagement, monetization, business analytics, and customer support
- Provide technical guidance to teammates and product leadership
- Experience programming in C++
- Development experience with online game systems
- Effectively communicate with fellow engineers to jointly design, write and review code, by driving team consensus and alignment
- Effectively write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation and email communication
- Ability to communicate with customers from both technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Comfortable working in unfamiliar code that spans many different teams and technology stacks, with minimal oversight
- Experience working on a live service game
- Experience programming in C#, Go, or Java
- Experience with online services technologies. E.g., Kubernetes, Linux, SQL, NoSQL, RabbitMQ, React
- Experience developing or supporting game monetization, engagement, and/or analytics systems
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.