Senior Communications Manager, Destiny 2, EMEA
The Bungie Publishing Team is looking for a seasoned Senior Communications Manager to lead the Communications function for the EMEA region. In this role you will develop, manage and execute integrated & innovative communications strategies & campaigns for Destiny 2 throughout the EMEA region and serve as a key stakeholder for our Global Communications team. In this role, you will partner closely with the global communications and territory marketing leadership to align on commercial objectives for the business and create strategies customized to EMEA markets that deliver impactful, earned editorial media coverage in traditional and new media channels, support local social operational efforts, and foster relationships and partnerships with content creators and influential ambassadors to generate high-engagement activations.
In addition to driving EMEA communications efforts, you will also work in close collaboration with the broader Bungie Publishing team with multiple stakeholders from social media, community, marketing, production and game development to ensure that all local EMEA activities directly drive commercial goals, align with the global communications strategy and are integrated into the global go-to-market plan, and delivers on global franchise priorities.
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented leader, team player and hardworking professional that has a passion for innovative, modern marketing and the ability to reach local audiences with a customized approach inside the global strategy. The candidate should be a highly flexible, motivated self-starter and polished executor who can adapt quickly to changing factors in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while staying highly organized and focused on the shared team objectives (across the wider publishing organization) and work proactively and independently while contributing to the goals of the team.
To find success, they will need to excel at long distance (multiple time zone) cross-team collaboration and communication.
This role reports to the Director of Global Communications.
- Act as a regional expert on EMEA media, influencers & community, providing strategic thought leadership to Bungie planning sessions from a Communications perspective.
- In close collaboration with the Global Communications Team, develop, manage and execute creative and strategic EMEA PR for a live service game that is seamlessly integrated into the broader marketing campaign and sets a gold standard for the industry.
- Support local operational efforts around global social campaigns and influencer activations, including deeply understanding the brand voice in order to support the global social media lead.
- Understand the current state of the media landscape and upcoming trends in EMEA markets and leverage those ongoing insights to drive strategic communication recommendations for Destiny 2.
- Understand business goals and develop projects and initiatives that use modern communications techniques to positively impact them for the EMEA region.
- Represent EMEA needs & requirements in the Global PR agenda, specific to the global strategy, and highlighting key issues upwards in the organization for meaningful discussion and resolution.
- Propose, develop, and manage the execution of local-specific ideas and initiatives to complement the existing global strike plan.
- Manage EMEA PR, Social, and influencer agencies when relevant to execute all campaigns with excellence and within budget; including community management to ensure relevant social communications are timely, culturally-relevant, and develop a deeper understanding of local player behavior to highlight support requirements and opportunities for growth.
- Track and report on the performance of approved regional PR and social initiatives/campaigns and build recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiencies for future strategic planning and budgets.
- Develop relationships with key journalist and business partners, or effectively manage agency partners on this work, and support fostering relationships with game and social media content creators.
- Successfully manage the EMEA regional PR budget with the Director of Global Communications & International Marketing Director, analyzing the opportunities and determine the right expenditure for the region.
- Develop, maintain, and regularly communicate a thorough understanding of the broader EMEA media landscape, including social media platforms, industry influencers, audience insights and community pressure points, and provide regional insights to the wider business.
- Work with locally appointed PR agencies to undertake adhoc competitor analysis and identifying industry ‘best practice’ for future strategic planning.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in gaming, technology, or entertainment companies.
- Data driven strategic thinker with a growth mindset
- A modern communicator with a strong media or influencer relations background, and proven placement results.
- Strong stakeholder management experience with internal teams and partners (e.g. 1st Party Partners, Agencies, 3rd Party Partners)
- Established experience working in a similar capacity on a live service game or product.
- Strong team player and able to integrate multiple department and stakeholder views into effective product-PR/social strategy and achievable executions.
- Proven success with clear business results creating custom campaigns with a broad range of influential media and creators.
- Excellent and concise communicator in presentation, verbal, and written copy, with the ability to transform complex principles into consumer-friendly messages on deadline.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, schedule and plan across several ongoing projects
- Experience finding proactive and creative solutions to unplanned challenges and changing objectives.
- Ability to always quantify results with sophisticated data analysis and metrics.
- Consistently delivers high-quality work and is able to proactively complete independent projects with light supervision.
- Crisis-management experience being able to anticipate situations for EMEA, escalate a solution-driven plan, communicate to stakeholders and execute in a timely manner relevant to the crisis.
- Established EMEA market experience
- Deep familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities.
- Experience with enterprise scale live operations, games as a service, MMO, and mobile and companion experiences.
- Experience effectively managing a team of professionals or multiple agencies and delivering high-quality results
In 2022, most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a flexible schedule working from home (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently, only a select range of positions are available for remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.