Senior Activity Designer
Do you love building fun action scenarios for players? Do you enjoy tuning and adjusting combat encounters until they feel just right? Are you an experienced game designer looking to work on AAA games with talented and enthusiastic people in a team environment? If so, we have the job for you! Bungie is looking for an open-minded, creative and dedicated Activity Designer for Destiny.
As an Activity Designer, you are responsible for the development and execution of Destiny activities, encounters, and pursuits. You will work as part of a highly collaborative group and interact with a diverse set of teams to create compelling PvE and reward experiences for the game’s annual and seasonal releases. You will participate in a process and culture that relies on providing and receiving feedback to shepherd content through all phases of production.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Spec, build, and maintain PvE encounters, activities, and pursuit content
- Design, implement, and balance bounty and quest content that drives weekly player engagement in your activities
- Collaborate with economy designers to determine and implement reward points for your content
- Skillfully revise the design vision for your content based on reactions from studio leadership, project leads, and playtesting
- Knowledge of spatial and mechanical encounter principles
- Comfortable working with level/spatial design tools and gameplay scripting languages
- Understanding of the Destiny player experience, economy, and PvE activities
- Willingness to contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment
- Ability to be self-sufficient and self-motivated while having no fear of asking for help or guidance
- Excitement for collaboration with designers, artists, programmers, musicians, testers and producers to achieve a common goal
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)