Principal Brand Development Manager - Incubation
This position is accountable for driving the alignment and development of Bungie incubation titles' brand vision, ensuring our publishing and development teams are excited about each titles' brand direction.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Platforms and Partnerships, the Principal Brand Development Manager - Incubation ensures all brand development for Bungie’s new franchises is at an industry-leading standard. This brand development will be a cornerstone in ensuring Bungie is poised to win millions of diverse customers and deliver global commercial success.
This position is expected to collaborate with Bungie’s team of incubation leads, sales leads, creative services, and the CMO to ensure our new franchises are set up for success and provide opportunities to reinforce the Bungie Brand.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Develop and champion the brand and values for Bungie incubation titles by chartering an inspirational customer-first vision and strategy for Bungie’s next products and services
- Provide our incubation teams with industry expertise and brand insights and set the strategic direction for engaging with internal and external agencies to meet the incubation and publishing milestones
- Serve as the lead for early-stage and established incubation teams to help them understand how to develop a brand that will meet their intended target market and addressable audience and shepherd all incubation projects through greenlight go-to-market planning stages from a brand perspective
- Ensure Bungie incubation titles have a brand value and promise that is clear, strategic, and aligned with our studio’s vision and decision making
- Ensure incubation BU’s communications and promotional activities reinforce our brand vision
- Ensure all brand work will reinforce the goal of ensuring the Bungie community understand what Bungie represents and embraces our diverse stable of franchises that are in development
- Make certain that brand development meets all deadlines for go-to-market (GTM) plans for incubation products to ensure GTMs are delivered on time, demonstrating a clear and achievable path to success
- Work with consumer products and publishing business development, ensure key partners, agencies, vendors, consultants, and industry experts are identified and leveraged for brand validation, readiness, and co-marketing/branding opportunities
- Ensure Bungie’s marketing Directors are invested in incubation brand vision and are benefiting from creative partnership
- Brand development experience, including developing a brand within a portfolio
- Experience launching or transforming a brand in your career
- Experience working with development teams and publishing teams to collaborate and shape successful brand design
- Experience rolling out a re-brand/new brand strategy. Including toolkits, training, and the maintenance of grand guides
- Experience influencing organizations with new approaches
- Excellent at collaborating with others, with your own strong ideas loosely held
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working on live service video games or similar direct-to-consumer entertainment media
- An enthusiasm for Bungie IP and knowledge of Destiny
- Experience at brand development agency