Incubation Senior Gameplay Engineer – Combat Systems
Would you like to work on a new IP at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Are you excited to work on multiplayer combat and action gameplay? Have you ever had a debate about the intricacies of melee collision response in an online game?
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer at Bungie, you will build and tune new multiplayer gameplay elements - along with everything that makes a character feel amazing (input, controls, movement, collision, camera) - on a new IP using a wide range of technologies. You’ll work across all aspects of game development to build prototypes for game ideas on the path to production. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Efficiently deliver prototype code, production workflows, and tools
- With minimal oversight, design and build new concepts, systems, and multiplayer combat gameplay
- Provide technical guidance to teammates, ranging from short-term problem solving to long-term roadmap planning
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build new gameplay experiences
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and ambiguous small team environment with minimal oversight
- Professional experience as an engineer in game development who has built networked real-time action gameplay
- Experience solving game problems rooted in math (ex. physics simulations, animation IK, character controllers)
- Interest in the competitive gaming landscape
- Eye for games with great controls and responsive feedback
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)