Incubation Level Designer
Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Are you passionate about the science and art of how player sandboxes and environments work together to create amazing gameplay moments? Do you love quickly prototyping environments to see how player actions work in different spatial contexts?
Bungie is looking for a Level Designer to contribute to an unannounced multiplayer action game currently in development.
Estimated Duration: 9-12 months
- Concept, design, and rapidly prototype new map layout and level design ideas in engine
- Contribute to and uphold the creative vision of the game, ensuring consistency across all aspects of game design
- Modeling environment geometry from simple mass-out to final layout state
- Conduct playtests autonomously to drive feedback and suggestions to iterate on your work
- Embrace a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Experience building and iterating upon a multiplayer level for a PVP game
- Basic understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Excellent sense of scale and spatial awareness
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Experience in Unreal Engine
- Experience working on character-focused third-person action games (platformers, isometric, etc)
- Familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape/esports
- Experience with UV mapping and painting custom texture sets for levels
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.