Incubation Lead Foundation Engineer
Would you like to work on a new IP at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Are you excited to build foundational systems that the entire project relies on? Have you ever had a debate about update rates for online servers?
As a Lead Foundation Engineer at Bungie, you will lead a team to build underlying systems like graphics, simulation, and networking on a new IP using a wide range of technologies. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Build and maintain dependable production-quality foundational systems, workflows, and tools while also driving performance, memory, and bandwidth targets for the game
- Directly manage and lead several engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new experiences
- Effectively write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation and email communication, with the ability to summarize complex topics and achieve alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience leading (direct management, mentoring, or guiding) engineers
- Professional experience as a software engineer in game development who has built foundational systems - graphics, networking, animation, content, or simulation - on various platforms
- Experience with “games as a service” online game development
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)
- Interest in the competitive gaming landscape