Incubation Art Manager
We are looking for a Champion to partner Project Leadership in creating an unparalleled Art Culture where Art disciplines can create high level player experience in every asset they touch. Art breathes life into the interactions that define Bungie’s stories. We are looking for someone who understands art capabilities across a variety of disciplines, workflows, the importance of aligning to the project vision and team health. If this sounds like the skillsets you possess, we’d love to hear from you. Be a part of our team and let’s create new worlds together!
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Cultivate an inspiring Art Culture, ensure overall Team Health and Morale
- Directly manage/mentor up to 7 Art Disciplines, providing ongoing performance feedback, career development goals and succession planning.
- Consists of 3-D, Animation, HS, UI, World, Lighting, VFX artists.
- Own Project Art Managerial Composition, including People Development Art Representation
- Collaborate with Art Direction to ensure all disciplines are aligned on creative goals that contribute to the high vision.
- Collaborate with Design and Narrative to ensure all Art Disciplines are meeting the experience goals
- Key Driver of Art as a “Visual Language” to support Game Design, beyond compelling aesthetics.
- Strive to solve other’s problems rather than creating art in a vacuum
- Partner with Project Leads to drive executional strategy, through proper scheduling, scoping, staffing and planning
- Ensure Discipline Art Kickoffs, Reviews, AD Approvals and Triage exist to create transparency with Leadership, Design, Narrative, Production and Engineering
- Ensure disciplines are exhibiting executional excellence
- Inter-team sharing
- Tool and pipeline training
- Ongoing art education opportunities
- Collaborate with Bungie Art Managers and Recruiting to identify, source, interview, and hire external talent.
- Collaborate with Ex Dev to Create and Staff an Outsource Arm
- Identify areas of potential efficiency gains
- 5-10 years leading and managing creatives on AAA console games or other Art/Design-related fields.
- A strong desire to focus on a management/strategic role within the Art discipline.
- Excellent leadership and effective communication skills.