Incubation 3D Art Lead
Bungie is looking for a 3D Art Discipline Lead who can bring positive leadership and experience to Bungie’s art efforts on characters, armor, heads, weapons, vehicles, and props. If you enjoy leading artists to collaborate and deliver amazing 3D content then this is the role for you.
As the 3D Art Discipline Lead you will be responsible for all aspects of planning and executing 3-D content. You will collaborate with the Art Director to define the vision and the goals for the 3D HS and Character art content we will create. You will manage and lead the various artists as they execute on this vision and goals. You will partner with Production to ensure delivery, engage with Design to align the artistic experience and gameplay, drive technical advancements alongside Engineers to improve pipelines, and collaborate with Art Direction to translate the higher vision of the game into compelling content.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and the Concept Lead to align on and communicate the visual quality goals for 3D content
- Lead a team of 3D artists in the creation of character and hard surface content through all phases of production
- Onboard new 3D artists to the Project Art Style
- Work with Test and production to triage bugs in your area when closing milestones and projects
- Work with production to estimate project deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule
- Manage, mentor, and inspire team members, guiding them with clear direction
- Strive to optimize and enhance an effective 3D Art pipeline while identifying workflow improvements, looking for opportunities to bring high levels of automation
- With art direction, production and tech art, ensure project documentation for 3D Art style and pipeline technology are up to date and shareable
- Promote a culture of collaborative innovation
- Identify, mitigate and escalate risks in your area
- Proven team lead experience through full AAA development cycles
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced understanding of the core principals of 3D art content creation
- Outstanding ability to problem solve and drive creative solutions
- Be task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Willingness to grow junior artists on the team
- Proven ability to provide leadership and direction to a team of 3D artists