(Closed) Executive Producer
Bungie is seeking a Partner-focused Executive Producer (EP) to help build a team supporting international partners working with the Destiny IP. The EP is a key member of project leadership and drives process and communication both internally and with partners to ensure projects are on track and at quality. The EP works with a small team at Bungie, which will train, support and provide feedback to large partner development teams. The EP will work with partners to ensure we are making a great Destiny experience for players, optimized for platform and market territories, and upholding the Destiny IP pillars and brand.
The EP reports to the Project Lead and will work with the project Creative Director and leadership team. The EP needs to have strong negotiation skills and a deep understanding of game production, including roadmaps, product development processes, triage, and tool integration.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Define the milestones and work with partners to create schedules and roadmaps that ensure a successful launch.
- Identify risks in project processes and schedules and actively create mitigation plans with leadership.
- Establish standards for production tools and processes for communication with partners.
- Facilitate and bring clarity to communication and collaboration between teams.
- Protect the Destiny IP and Brand by working project leadership and partners to define game creative and quality.
- Communicate the state of the project to studio leadership and stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of learning, transparency, and support both internally and with partners.
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop production team to ensure growth, expand the talent base and build a succession bench
- Exemplify leadership and behaviors to build an inclusive and diverse culture of empowerment and transparency
- Games leadership experience with a large-scale team in a production capacity.
- Experience delivering AAA or large mobile games
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-culture environment and team.
- Exemplary communication skills, outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams.
- Willingness to travel to China and/or host visits from partner teams on a regular cadence (likely every 2-3 months).
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with partner team (typically 5-7pm).
- Experience working with external partners preferred.
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service") preferred.
- Chinese language skills are a plus.