If you are an artist that imagines undiscovered horizons wrought from pixels and code, the opportunity to build amazing worlds awaits.
Bungie is looking for journeymen and experienced talent eager to join an incredible team of artists. As an environment artist you will be responsible for developing style, visual storytelling and refined, well-crafted gameplay spaces to our Destiny releases.
- Translate approved concept art into 3D elements of gameplay and cinematic spaces
- Work closely with activity and narrative designs to build world geometry from rough massouts to highly polished, engaging gameplay spaces
- Engage with the larger environment art team to provide gameplay and visual feedback
- Contribute ideas on how to engage and delight our players through how they experience the worlds and environments of Destiny.
- Assemble spaces using a combination of pre-existing modular kit pieces and bespoke, custom set pieces (including associated modeling, uv and shader work, technical setup, etc).
- Work closely with our lighting artists to build environments and lighting that support the intended player experience.
- Polish gameplay environments with tasteful creation and deployment placement of set dressing, decals, devices and dynamic objects, etc.
- Efficient communication and strong collaboration skills
- Robust understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Strong sense of scale and spatial awareness
- Understanding of how the environment affects game play
- High level of proficiency in contemporary game dev software (Photoshop, Maya, Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, and other 2D/3D applications)
- Professional experience working with current generation game engine / pipelines
- Experience in a collaborative game development environment crafting playable space
- Responsible time management skills
- A strong interest for games and creating gaming environments
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.