Diversity & Inclusion Lead
Are you an expert in leading corporate Diversity & Inclusion strategy? Are you passionate about helping to create an inclusive space where all people are empowered, respected, valued and connected to each other and the business?
Bungie is seeking an experienced D&I Lead to continue our efforts to foster an inclusive culture for our studio. You will bring your experience in building, executing, and delivering inclusion programs and training solutions that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce. You will have the opportunity to build on a foundation of D&I programs and create meaningful change for our current and future employees. Bungie believes diversity cultivates creativity and innovation, and we are committed to building a culture where everyone is welcomed to do their best work.
Using your experience in the D&I field you will evolve our strategies, goals, and metrics to increase the diversity of our workforce, create a culture of inclusion and belonging, and actively reduce personal and institutional bias across the organization. You will uncover the roots to D&I challenges across the employee engagement lifecycle to drive critical improvements that are as unique as our team and develop tangible mechanisms for employees to both incorporate D&I work into their job functions as well as find meaningful rewards for doing so. A successful D&I Lead will not just lead programs, but also integrate meaningful practices into our studio so that D&I is a natural reflection of how we work and is resident in the places and processes where important decisions get made.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Provide vision and leadership for the evolution of Bungie’s strategy to support and promote diversity, and a culture of inclusion that is reflected in our people, our culture, and our products
- Work with business leaders to promote D&I across the organization
- Provide employees with educational resources and tools that empower them to take ownership in Bungie’s culture of inclusion
- Develop proposals and recommendations for policy revisions that will facilitate a diverse and inclusive environment, and ensure they are in line with Bungie’s goals and objectives
- Monitor, research, and advise on diversity & inclusion topics and trends, and appropriately propose opportunities to improve our brand and diversity in the workforce
- Serve as the subject matter expert and partner to HR and Recruiting to further enhance processes that attract and retain diverse talent and reinforce our internal and external employment brand as a preferred employer for top industry talent
- Consult with stakeholders, HR, and Recruiting to establish metrics, evaluations, and reporting on effectiveness of D&I initiatives on the business
- Identify, build, and maintain external community relationships with the purpose of promoting Bungie as a partner that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Lead the Bungie Diversity Committee and partner with our Inclusion Clubs to enhance their contributions
- Develop metrics that allow better transparency across our leadership, employees, and industry
- Develop and implement educational workshops and programs for all levels of the studio (Inclusion Workshops, etc.)
- 5+ years of related HR and training experience, with at least 2 years’ experience managing diversity programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or related field and/or equivalent combination of experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing diversity and inclusion strategies, including leadership development, performance management, recruitment, employee engagement and retention
- A strategic problem-solver who can execute tactically
- Proven success delivering innovative employee engagement programs that increase employee awareness and offer valuable skills to reduce employees’ implicit biases
- Demonstrated experience facilitating high impact workshops that affect real awareness and motivate action at all levels of the organization
- Leadership, project management, and consulting experience with strong business partner sensibilities
- Highly developed analytical skills to understand, process, and summarize complex data into meaningful insights
- Effectively builds relationships and credibility; able to interface with all levels of the studio
- Broad experience and knowledge of standard methodologies in learning and development
- Exceptional knowledge of diversity concepts and programs
- Strong, compelling, and clear verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to listen, adapt and influence with senior leaders to drive genuine understanding and sponsorship for key investments and initiatives
- Ability to present/conduct trainings/workshops in-person and virtually
- MBA or master’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience in the entertainment/media industry