Do you appreciate solid gameplay systems? Are you intrigued by RPG-like systems such as tech trees, crafting, and optimizing character builds for different needs? Would you like to work on awe-inspiring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to inspirational industry talent at a company that values work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
In this role you’ll work closely with Design to innovate on gameplay systems that serve as the backbone for unique player experiences (e.g., progression, achievement, customization, social interaction, etc). You’ll learn to work within our engine, expanding its capabilities and crafting incredible player experiences. Most importantly, you’ll work with a fun and energetic team dedicated to improving our craft across the discipline.
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new technology, including forays beyond the core C++ engine (e.g., C++/C# scalable online services)
- Extend and enhance the gameplay systems that drive Destiny 2
- Experience building and supporting systemic gameplay features such as itemization, crafting, economy, rewards, abilities, progression, retention, etc.
- Professional game development experience in C++
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to build features and achieve goals
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals (e.g., algorithms, performance, data structures, etc)
- Experience working with scalable online services
- Experience working with modern console architectures and multi-platform systems
- Willing to manage or mentor other engineers
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.