Bungie is looking for a Design Lead to support international partners working with the Destiny IP. Focus is on experience in combatants, sandbox, encounter and/or destination design. This role is part of a creative support team working to create style guide documentation, give feedback on specifications and playable builds, and guide partners in creating content in the style of the IP. The Design Lead maintains the quality and consistency of the Destiny IP gameplay.
The Design Lead works closely with the Creative Lead and is a part of a cross-functional leadership team that is responsible for delivering timely feedback to our partners.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Maintain Destiny IP quality and consistency while working with an external partner.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and the Leadership Team to set guidelines for implementation of the Destiny IP
- Review progress at key milestones and assess whether the project is meeting goals
- Drive creation of a Style Guide alongside development of the content.
- Work with Destiny design experts to collect design pillars and specifics, and share with our partner
- Identify and escalate any IP conflicts to the Creative Lead.
- Prior experience as a design lead.
- Thorough understanding of Destiny design principles
- Providing expert input and feedback in combatants, sandbox, or encounter design
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, including effectively leading a team in spite of that ambiguity.
- Self-motivated and proactive about both teaching and learning design processes.
- Willingness to travel and host visits from the partner team on a regular cadence (likely every 2-3 months).
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with partner team (typically 5-7pm).
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience working with external partners preferred.
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service") preferred.
- Chinese (Mandarin) language skills are a plus.