Contract Associate Gameplay Capture Artist
Bungie is looking for a Contract Associate Gameplay Capture Artist to work with our Visual Identity, Marketing, and Video Production teams to build, test, and record gameplay moments. Your mission will be to show off the world of Destiny to its full potential and help us to shoot the next generation of Destiny gameplay videos. Informed by our Project Leads, Game Design, Art, Narrative, and Bungie’s knowledge-base, you’ll wield the camera on the virtual set of engaging and information-laced videos. You see gaming as more than a hobby, you care about story, as well as, defeating the aliens. The candidate will work closely with our Gameplay Capture Artists to create in-game footage for use in video game trailers, promos, advertising, etc. The ideal candidate is a person with an artistic eye, who can leverage the Destiny world style to create a wide range of video content.
Estimated Duration: Up to 12 Months
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Work with the Gameplay Capture Artists to produce live footage in a fast-paced, teamwork-based work and game environment
- Work with technologies involved with a game in development i.e. debug features
- Problem-solve to achieve best possible results while capturing in unfinished/buggy builds
- Perform with varying levels of supervision and direction to push the game to its limit
- Exceptional eye for shot composition and framing
- Knowledge of film, animation, cinematography, etc.
- A good understanding of applying cinematic filming techniques to game capture, such as, camera moves, DOF, lens choice, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- Ability to work well and thrive in a team environment
- Ability to take/give creative direction and follow through to task completion
- Operate and leverage development tools to enable compelling captures
- Extensive knowledge of the Destiny IP
- A photography or film portfolio
- Knowledge of video editing
- Experience and familiarity with video game production and workflows
- AAA video game development experience