Central Technology Engineering Lead
Do you take pride in building teams, holding and executing a technology vision, and creating technology used by many game teams at Bungie?
As the Central Technology Engineering Lead at Bungie, you’ll be a key member of a leadership team that values diversity and zealously guards the work/life balance of your teams. You will work closely with a diverse group of leaders, across multiple disciplines, to set direction and build shared technology to power some of the best games in the world.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Manage and mentor senior engineering leads and architects
- Own the vision for shared game technology at Bungie, setting key tech goals and constraints for teams
- Be a key contributor in architecture reviews
- Evolve team standards and technical culture to ensure high-quality execution and sustainable results
- Translate goals from multiple customers on multiple projects into solutions that align with product goals
- Manage technical risk effectively, striking a balance between pragmatism and idealism
- Proactively identify and align stakeholders
- Drive teams to close through prioritization and scoping
- Foster a healthy team culture
- Be part of a "we" culture where you work well with others to reach common goals - a collaborative culture is very important to us
- Experience leading teams developing high-scale, high-performance services and/or game engines
- Able to operate at multiple abstraction levels, from high level discussions with non-technical customers to deep tech details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong emotional intelligence
- Experience managing managers
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineering managers and leads
- Experience working on game or game-service technology
- Experience building technology used by multiple games
- Experience architecting distributed systems at scale
- Experience building and operating cloud-hosted services
- Familiar with agile software development (e.g. scrum, Kanban, etc.)