Business Operations Manager - People Team
The People Team Business Operations Manager is a project manager for initiatives in support of Bungie's 10-year vision and serves as a "right-hand person" to the Chief People Officer (CPO, providing support for the operations of Bungie’s People Team. The People Team Business Operations Manager, under the guidance of the CPO and Senior Business Operations Manager, convenes formal and informal working groups to address complex problems (and find solutions) and owns and drives ongoing meetings, communications, and processes as specified by the CPO.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Support the CPO in weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual planning and process execution
- Maintain insight into Bungie's leadership teams and surface issues to the People Team
- Drive ongoing People Team meetings and processes, as delegated by the CPO
- Provide detailed notes and action items from all People Team meetings
- Maintain the database of the team’s work - strategic initiatives, tasks, action items, etc.
- Drive execution of projects in support of Bungie's vision and strategy, at the request of the CPO
- Facilitate and support executive communication, presentations, meetings, and off-sites for the CPO
- Act as a point of contact between the CPO and stakeholders
- Work behind the scenes to negotiate solutions to complex problems (and find solutions) on behalf of the CPO
- Provide research on topics of critical interest to the business
- Seek out dysfunction and misalignment on critical business topics and brings People Team members together to resolve them
- Develop, refine, reinforce, and embody Bungie’s culture and values
- Engage as active, contributing member of the People Team
- Serve as a visible leader and studio champion, internally and externally
- Reports to Bungie Leadership Team’s Senior Business Operations Manager
- Outstanding project management skills: building and maintaining work backlogs; tracking, scheduling, and driving projects to on-time completion
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deliver executive presentations and broad-scale communications
- Demonstrated experience in rapidly learning new methods and processes and adapting them to critical business needs
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to drive high-value meetings through challenging discussions and build clear action items and accountability
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.