Do you love building fun action scenarios for players? Do you enjoy tuning and adjusting combat encounters until they feel just right? Are you an experienced game designer looking to work on AAA games with talented and enthusiastic people in a team environment? If so, we have the job for you! Bungie is looking for an open-minded, creative and dedicated Activity Designer for Destiny.
As an Activity Designer, you are responsible for the development and execution of Destiny activities, encounters, and pursuits. You will work as part of a highly collaborative group and interact with a diverse set of teams to create compelling PvE and reward experiences for the game’s annual and seasonal releases. You will participate in a process and culture that relies on providing and receiving feedback to shepherd content through all phases of production.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Spec, build, and maintain PvE encounters, activities, and pursuit content
- Design, implement, and balance bounty and quest content that drives weekly player engagement in your activities
- Collaborate with economy designers to determine and implement reward points for your content
- Skillfully revise the design vision for your content based on reactions from studio leadership, project leads, and playtesting
- Knowledge of spatial and mechanical encounter principles
- Comfortable working with level/spatial design tools and gameplay scripting languages
- Understanding of the Destiny player experience, economy, and PvE activities
- Willingness to contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment
- Ability to be self-sufficient and self-motivated while having no fear of asking for help or guidance
- Excitement for collaboration with designers, artists, programmers, musicians, testers and producers to achieve a common goal
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)