Principle/Staff/Sr Backend Engineer
Bunch is a party app, and developer platform for multiplayer games. It lets people party up with friends over video chat; and play their favorite games. Our mission is to bring people together through games they love - when they are physically apart.
We raised over $28M from top investors like General Catalyst, London Venture Partners and some of the top makers of video games in the world including Electronic Arts, Krafton (PUBG), Take Two Interactive, Ubisoft, Supercell, Riot Games, Miniclip and Tencent.
- We use technologies like gRPC, GCP, Firebase and Redis
- You can check out our tech stack at: https://stackshare.io/bunchlive/bunch
- Learn more about our company culture at join.bunch.live
- And check out the Bunch app on iOS and Android on bunch.live
🤩 About the Role
We're looking for an outstanding Backend engineer to join our team. You'll be designing and implementing the backend APIs powering Bunch’s fun and engaging native app and its SDK.
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to join a small team working on a fast growing consumer product; and make an impact. We are a talented team that likes to move fast, we are on a mission to build a lasting internet company and we like to have fun along the way.
💪What you will do
- Implement backend services to support our rapidly growing network
- Own services from design to launch and beyond
- Evaluate trade-offs to iterate quickly while not compromising on stability and quality
- Continually improve app performance while also maintaining excellent code quality
- Architect efficient and reusable back-end as well as front-end systems depending on the problem you are solving for
- Stay hands-on and keep your thirst for writing code quenched every day
- You are a builder and you keep software running, and respond to service incidents
- <your ideas here>: We love new ideas, so bring them!
- 2-5+ years of experience building high-quality mobile or web application backend services
- Have a passion for well designed products
- Can collaborate with technical and non-technical staff, including designers
- Have a passion for usability, user experience and an empathetic approach to building software
- Solid empathy & interpersonal skills for building a shared vision around your work
👍 Bonus points if you:
- Worked with Rust, gRPC
- Have experience leading a small team and taking a product from idea to a shippable state and monitoring the success of the product once in the wild
- Love to play Jackbox, Werewolf, Avalon, Heads Up or any other fun board/social game
- Are familiar with popular video chat or community applications
- You have experience with agile software development practices, and have participated in product roadmaps and development sprints before.
🚀 Working at Bunch comes with:
- Competitive salary and stock options 💰
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans 💪
- Outfit your home office with the gear you need to work effectively 🎧
- Regular team retreats (...to be continued post-covid) 🚤
- Regular game nights and other fun activities (... in the mean time) 🎮
- In normal times, we have an office in downtown Toronto. In these slightly less-than-normal times, we're an entirely remote company. We can help you to outfit your home office with all the gear and tools you need. We expect to return to the office when it's safe.
We believe excellence is impossible without diversity, and would love to hear from women, men, non-binary, trans, parents, non-parents, and people of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations — especially you. ✨🌈🦄