We're looking for a passionate and experienced Web Developer who will help us bring our new ground breaking game IP to market.
As our new Web Developer at Build A Rocket Boy, you will work cross functionally with Marketing, Brand and LiveOps to create reliable and high-performing web-based applications and services, which will be accessed by millions of players and fans around the world.
Reporting to the Brand Director, you’ll be responsible for the web presence of both the Build A Rocket Boy and Everywhere brands.
If you’re a team player who’s had deep experience building, executing, and maintaining web-based applications we want to hear from you.
- Build, maintain and test responsive web-based applications that work seamlessly across browsers and other web portals using efficient standards-compliant code
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layouts/user interfaces by using standard and up-to-date practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain detailed software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our sites and other web presences
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to ongoing companyoperations and activities
- Cooperate with the design team to match and maintain visual design & brand intent
- A thoughtfully presented portfolio, showing the ability to think conceptually and strategically across all web-based portals
- Minimum 7 years of professional web development experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science, programming, design, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Ability to evaluate your colleague’s code and provide constructive feedback
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to thoughtfully present complex project plans to stakeholders for review and approval
- Experience working on brand and marketing teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, self-starting, and evolving environment
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.