Vehicle Artist - All levels
As a Vehicle Artist, you will be experienced in your field and passionate about the creation of cars and other hard surface vehicle assets.
You will have a solid understanding of the modelling and texturing process combined with an extensive understanding and appreciation for real world industrial and vehicle design.
Working closely with Lead Vehicle Artist and the Art Director you will model and texture a wide range of vehicle assets to populate an immersive and large MMO experience. As part of an experienced vehicle art team you will show attention to detail and join us in world class execution.
- Work closely with the Lead Vehicle Artist to create high quality, high resolution 3D Vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Implement, review and refine outsourced vehicle assets.
- Work with technical artists to ensure a realistic implementation of the in-game assets.
- Work within the defined relevant shader set ups to maximise in game fidelity.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Be open to and develop from feedback given by senior team members.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- Implement feedback from Lead Vehicle Artist and Art Director.
- Implement and review final vehicles in the game engine.
- Create best practice assets as guided by senior artists.
- Experience in the creation of high quality, high resolution 3D Vehicles, UV maps and textures.
- Experience in creation of PBR, normal map and texture creation.
- Experience with texture authoring tools such as Substance.
- Professional experience as a Vehicle Artist in the games industry to be reflected in seniority.
- An excellent understating of hard surface/vehicle shaders.
- Strong hard surface modelling ability.
- Extensive experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- An excellent understanding of industrial and vehicle design.
- Sculpting ability in Zbrush or similar is a plus.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.