UI Technical Artist
We are looking for an experienced UI/UI Artist or Designer who understands game production and has strong hands-on technical experience with game UI system setup.
You will work closely with UI Artists, Programmers and Designers to implement and create high-quality adaptable UI vital to the needs of the game. As a UI Technical Artist you will help define the UI pipeline including Wireframes, Asset requirements and implementation in Unreal UMG Designer and ensure functionality and quality across various screen sizes and resolutions.
You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time as we grow our UI teams and define our pipeline.
- Build world class functional UI working closely with game designers, UI Artists and Programmers
- Implement UI widgets and systems in Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer
- Ensure UI correctly adapts to various screen shapes and resolutions with appropriate anchoring and scaling
- Work with existing and new wireframes for review and approval
- Work with UI programmers to implement and optimise runtime UI
- Work with UI artists and designers to realise and polish player experiences
- Document UI/UX pipelines and workflows
- 3+ years professional experience working in a similar capacity within the games or other relevant creative industry
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Familiar with UI software architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM)
- Hands on experience with Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer or other game UI systems (Unity UI etc)
- Familiar with Source Control software, preferably Perforce
- Working knowledge of wireframing tools and digital content creation tools used for UI
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal