Senior VFX Artist
As a Senior VFX Artist, you will be crafting industry-leading VFX. You will work in collaboration with a broad variety of artists to achieve the finest visual results, creating VFX that will elevate the visuals and experience in the game.
You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time, as we develop systems, evolve gameplay, and develop the narrative on our ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings the opportunity of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project. You will work closely with the Lead VFX Artist, to ensure our visuals are aesthetically impressive.
- Creation of high quality, handcrafted visual effects to be used in gameplay and real-time cinematics.
- Technical setup, implementation, and troubleshooting of VFX in engine.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar and schedule.
- Collaborate closely with lighting artists, technical artists, mission scripters, and cinematic artists to implement VFX in the game.
- Experience with crafting consistently gorgeous real-time effects (FX) using DCC apps and in-game FX systems.
- Experience in profiling VFX performance with in-engine tools such as PopcornFX, Niagara etc.
- Minimum 3 years in the games or film industry.
- Game design and narrative awareness.
- Good eye for lighting details, and the ability to use them in creating top notch visual effects that support gameplay and cinematography.
- Self-motivation, excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work within a team.
- Positive attitude, able to receive and provide objective feedback.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.