Senior Technical Audio Designer
The Audio Team at Build a Rocket Boy Games is expanding! We’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Technical Audio Designer to come join us in our newly refurbished Edinburgh studio.
As a member of the Audio team, you’ll work closely with the Lead Audio Designer and Lead Audio Programmer to create, design, and play an essential part to maintain the vision across the Everywhere project.
Our ideal candidate will be a creative team player with an enthusiasm for story telling through sound design towards building one of the most ambitious projects in video games. A strong eye for detail combined with clear and concise communication is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills alongside an incredible worldwide team.
- Deliver world class audio systems using appropriate levels of abstraction.
- Provide support for script department to implement audio.
- Work with our dialogue tool to author placeholder dialogue, mission dialogue and ambient dialogue, and solve playback issues.
- Help develop and implement Interactive Music Systems.
- Support cut-scene dialogue production.
- Identify, debug and fix technical problems quickly and efficiently.
- Prioritize, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Help shape the technical direction and develop cutting edge solutions for difficult gameplay problems.
- Use existing tools to conduct performance investigations.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays, and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
- Request support from higher levels when required.
- Take initiative to produce game features and assemble developers from multiple departments.
- Monitor the build and fix audio related issues when they arise or notify the appropriate developer.
- Advanced Wwise user.
- Advanced Reaper user.
- Shipped at least one AAA title.
- Experience in leading audio teams.
- Good attitude and being approachable to all disciplines, within the company, is a must.
- Previous experience of People Management.
- Involvement in collaborating with contractors and external partners.
- Good ear for professional grade audio, know how to spot flaws, shortcomings, and opportunities for improvement.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.