Senior/Lead VFX Artist
As a Senior/Lead VFX Artist you will be crafting industry leading VFX. You will work in collaboration with a wide broad variety of artists to achieve the finest visual results, creating VFX that will elevate the visuals and experience in the game.
You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time, as we develop systems, evolve gameplay and develop the narrative. You will have the opportunity to help define the VFX pipeline as you embrace collaboration with multiple teams. You will work under the guidance of the Art Director and the Cinematic Director to deliver outstanding visual effects.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
- Creation of high quality, handcrafted visual effects to be used in gameplay and real-time cinematics.
- Technical setup, implementation, and troubleshooting of VFX in engine.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar and schedule.
- Collaborate with Art Director, Cinematics Director, and Tech Art to establish creative and technical needs
- Collaborate closely with lighting artists, mission scripters and cinematic artists to implement VFX in the game.
- Experience with crafting consistently gorgeous real-time effects (FX) using DCC apps and in-game FX systems.
- Experience of profiling VFX performance with in-engine tools such as PopcornFX, Niagara etc.
- Minimum 5 years in the games industry.
- Game design and narrative awareness.
- Good eye for lighting details, and the ability to use them in creating top notch visual effects that support gameplay and cinematography.
- Self-motivation, excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work within a team.
- Positive attitude, able to receive and provide objective feedback.