Senior / Lead Gameplay Scripter
Gameplay is at the heart of everything we do, and this role involves implementing the gameplay systems, levels, and features that define the project.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking AAA open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Designing and implementing effective sub systems at the right level of abstraction.
- Using appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency in terms of system performance and work.
- Mentor and support team members so the whole team accomplish their deadlines as they master their skills.
- Working closely with other departments to request and integrate required assets.
- +5 years of experience in the videogame industry, with at least 2 shipped titles.
- Excellent knowledge of technical scripting languages such as LUA or C#.
- Capable of reading complex code understanding it’s structure and purpose.
- Capable of efficient debugging game sub systems.
- Solid planning skills (including dependencies to/from other peers) without direct supervision.
- Solid algorithmic skills:
- Time and space complexities.
- Real world cost of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding and proficiency working with high level networking concepts.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills without external help.
- An eye for detail, and a drive to create polished high-quality work.
- Detection and communication of possible risks and limitations.
- Passion for videogames, and a broad grasp of game types and systems.
Desirable extra skills/experience:
- Experience working on UI
- Experience working on Multiplayer features/Network systems
- Experience working on Analytics/KPIs
- Experience working on open world and/or non-linear games
- Programming background and proficiency on C++