The Production Director position, reporting directly to the Game Director, is a vital role at Build a Rocket Boy. As Production Director, you are directly responsible for ensuring that the creative vision of the Game Director is executed to a world-class level of polish, on time and within budget.
You will be expected to bring a high level of clear communication, project planning acumen, and problem-solving skills with you to the role. This is a leadership role and requires extensive cooperation and communication with other leaders and team members across multiple studios. International travel will be required.
- Deliver a high quality product, on time and within budget.
- Drive the execution of game development teams across multiple studio locations.
- Create and maintain long-and-short term project plans, with input from the Game Director and Development Team Leads.
- Work alongside the Game Director, Live Product Director, and Studio Heads to manage the milestone definitions, deadlines, and quality standards throughout the production lifecycle of the title, up to and after launch including post-launch updates.
- Ensure that all development teams have the staff, resources, and knowledge to effectively execute the game vision.
- Proactively identify and remove any and all roadblocks to development.
- Report on studio and team velocity, identify pipeline shortcomings .
- Inherit, enable and lead change across all teams.
- Break high-level, complex goals into manageable development plans.
- Hire and mentor Production Managers of junior, mid, and senior levels.
- Assess risks early and create mitigation plans to ensure the project is launched on time.
- Be the voice of the development team when interacting with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Coordinate with external studios and outsourcing vendors when appropriate.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in games production, with at least 2 years in the role of Executive Producer / Production Director or equivalent.
- At least 1 major AAA title shipped in a production role. Experience with live operations and games-as-a-service highly desirable.
- Extensive team leadership experience, including hiring and development of team members.
- Thorough understanding of project management as it relates to PC / Console games.
- Extreme organizational ability. Attention to detail whilst never forgetting the big picture.
- Experience and understanding of development KPIs, and knowledge of what leverage is available to influence them.
- Experience working with Microsoft Project and Atlassian JIRA / Confluence is highly desired.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Management, Computer Science, Business, or another related field.