This is a fixed term contract for a period of 8-months with an anticipated start date in November 2021. The role will be a HR and talent partner for the Edinburgh team, as well as assisting in Global HR projects and initiatives across both studios.
The position will report to the Head of People.
- Serve as a partner to the team by helping to create supportive and innovative HR programs to suit the team’s initiatives.
- Manage, facilitate, and optimize exceptional HR services in the areas of on-boarding, employee communications, organizational development, training, performance management, employee relations, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, and leadership coaching.
- Monitor the organization’s culture to ensure alignment with our core values.
- Line management of the HR Administrator, supporting their development.
- Proactively identify problem areas and propose solutions, both within the Edinburgh studio and Global HR.
- Provide coaching to management and employees to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness, and ensure support of organizational changes and business plans.
- Working with the Head of People, implement human resources policies and ensure ongoing compliance with legal regulations.
- Manage the recruitment process from point of offer including issuing employment contracts, applying for employee visas and the relocation process.
- Ensure transactional needs are met for the studio.
- A minimum of 5+ years in a similar HR role.
- Proven record leading, and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees (senior management, first level managers, and line level employees)
- Strong team player who builds collaborative relationships with HR and specialist teams (talent acquisition, payroll, etc.) as well as business partners
- Proven success utilizing employee engagement and retention strategies
- Superior interpersonal, and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using an entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth, start-up company environment.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and achievement oriented with an ability to work independently
- Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent English skills (both written and verbal)
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest.