Gameplay Technical Animator
As a Technical Animator at BARB, you will be the bridge between Animation, Code and Design in order to develop and maintain Animation systems that will ultimately benefit and enhance the animation quality of our game. We are looking for someone with a passion for the creative and technical aspects of game animation, someone that likes problem solving with a creative technical mindset.
We are looking for exceptional candidates that will play a significant role building a new AAA game.
We are an iterative development studio and you will be working on a fluid environment with competing demands. We believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
- Previous experience in games development, preferably with a shipped title under your belt as a Technical Animator or as an Animator with involvement in technical animation.
- Work hand-in-hand with Animation, Code and Design to achieve the look and feel of the desired animations style in-game.
- Engine animation implementation (experience with popular engines preferred)
- Understanding and implementation of procedural animation systems to reduce workload and improve believability/readability of characters in-game.
- Animation Graphs, Blend Trees and State Machines implementation and maintenance e.g. EmotionFX/Morpheme/Mecanim/UE4.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Understanding and knowledge of procedural runtime animation solutions such as IK/retargeting/ragdoll.
- Scripting/programming languages such as Python/C++/C#/Blueprints experience is desirable.
- Knowledgeable of current and emerging animation technologies in animation.
- Support the Animation team by sharing knowledge and technical support.
- Create and maintain documentation for internal and external use.
- Knowledge of animation principles and the processes involved in creating them.
- Able to take ownership and drive technical solutions independently and/or within a team.