Build A Rocket Boy Games is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to be accountable for all aspects of financial management, including company accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budgeting , forecasts preparation, business case modeling as well as development of internal control policies and procedures and risk management. This role will also be instrumental in helping lay the foundation and necessary infrastructure for global game revenue recognition and complex revenue sharing waterfall for a world class online gaming franchise. This position will report to the Studio Head & Business Director.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Supervise and lead internal staff as well as relationships with external accounting, tax and legal resources supporting financial matters.
- Support month-end and year-end close process as well as due diligence work in connection with fund raising activities and Board level matters.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions (e.g. payment providers, distribution, publishing & licensing partners) and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings in multiple countries & jurisdictions.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Additional financial related duties as necessary.
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller at an international company of medium-size or greater preferred.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and/or finance experience at a senior level.
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process, annual budget cycles and payroll.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Keen interest to work at a high growth technology company.
- Advanced degree in Accounting a plus.
- CPAor CMA preferred.