(Closed) Community and Customer Care Lead
The Community & Customer Care (C&C) Lead position, reporting directly to the Live Product Director, is a key role at Build a Rocket Boy. As C&C Lead, you will be one of the initial customer-facing hires at the company, in preparation for launch of BARB’s upcoming AAA title, Everywhere.
In this role, you will work closely with the Product Direction, Design, CRM, Analytics, and DevOps teams at BARB. Your team’s responsibility will be the interface between the game team and players and is core to building and nurturing a healthy player base for years to come. You will be the voice of the player, and will help to ensure a scalable feedback loop in our live game service.
You will also work with the Product Direction and Production teams on the customer care aspect of the game, having broad oversight over agency communication, tasking, and management.
You will be also be central in crafting the community strategy and messaging, along with CRM, Design, and Marketing teams.
You will also be responsible for the initial hiring, line management, and onboarding of the Edinburgh C&C team, which will consist of Community and Customer Care managers, as well as localisation managers, working closely with external partners.
- Hire, train, and manage the initial C&C team, consisting of 3-6 Managers.
- Communicate and have operational oversight over external community and customer care agencies.
- With your managers, define, prioritise, and iterate CS / CM tools requests and acceptance criteria.
- Alongside the Product Direction, Design, and Marketing teams, create, execute, and iterate on community building strategies and initiatives.
- Define KPI for community engagement and customer care success, alongside the Analytics, Product, CRM, and Design teams.
- Sculpt event and content calendars, schedules, and coordinate asset request needs with Production.
- Define and own processes for player and technical mitigation, complaint resolution, SLA, compensation, etc.
- Be hands-on in social / community content as the team is being hired.
- Coordinate with CRM teams on all customer-facing messaging, campaigns, promotions, and community events.
- Cooperation and coordination with both internal BARB studios and external partners, including but not limited to agencies, publishers, media, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior position in the gaming industry, as C&C Lead, Community Management Lead, Customer Care Lead, or equivalent position.
- A keen knowledge of worldwide trends in AAA online gaming. Experience or interest in mobile / F2P / is a bonus.
- Extensive experience building online communities in gaming AND/OR extensive experience managing customer care teams, internal or external.
- Understanding of marketing channels as they relate to community onboarding, engagement, and retention.
- Experience defining, iterating, and executing strategies in your field of expertise.
- An interest in building a data-driven environment – you want to understand our players, not just amplify their voices. You live by your KPIs.
- A desire to work in a unique “AAA Start-up” environment – we run lean, and expect that you know when to jump in, when to delegate, and when to seek external solutions.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, in English.
- Team management experience, at a Senior, Lead, or Mentor level. You know how to hire and have helped to build a team.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience.