Talent Acquisition Specialist
BBTV is a media-tech company advancing the world through the creation, distribution, management and monetization of content. BBTV provides end-to-end solutions to content owners including proprietary tech, leading services and enhanced distribution & monetization. We have built proprietary VISO technologies leveraging machine learning, digital signal processing and big data to power our platform and ecosystem. Our key revenue streams represent the most relevant and scalable opportunities for monetization of digital IP across advertising, SaaS/content management, mobile apps and other revenue streams. BBTV is the second largest video property worldwide in terms of unique viewers following only Google, reaching tens of billions of monthly impressions.
Our People and Culture team is at the heart of the business, because People are at the heart of everything we do. We have an opportunity for a superstar Talent Acquisition Specialist to join us and support our business units in recruiting great new talent. In this role you will have the opportunity to partner with business leaders and gain experience across multiple business units, from our external facing Content Acquisition and Partner Experience teams through Talent Management, Interactive (mobile games), eCommerce, Music, R&D (software engineering & IT), Legal and Finance. It's a great opportunity to grow your talent acquisition skill set! We also recruit in both the US and Canada, if you have cross-border experience it's a big plus.
You will be in integral part of the People and Culture team so communication, collaboration, a strong customer service orientation and a results focus are key to success. You should have had experience recruiting in a high volume environment with tight timelines. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes, you will lead with your expertise in recruiting process excellence.
- Partner with P&C team members to deliver excellent recruitment service and results to the company
- Build relationships with hiring managers to define hiring needs, manage expectations, and communicate updates
- Attend recruitment events / industry events and champion the BBTV brand
- Responsible for driving social recruitment initiatives
- Understand and keep informed on best practice candidate sourcing and recruitment strategies, trends and technology
- Measure, track and report on recruitment performance, including hiring manager and new hire satisfaction
- Ensure operational efficiencies by leveraging ATS recruitment technology
- Update and maintain job postings and talent pipeline
- Identify, source, and screen candidates of all seniority levels
- Coordinate and conduct phone and in-person interviews with candidates of varying seniority
- Follow up and communicate in a timely manner with candidates throughout the recruitment process
- Ensure a high quality candidate experience throughout the recruitment process
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in recruitment with at least 2 of these years in a Vancouver based digital media or technology start-up environment
- Proven skills in sourcing, building candidate pipelines, and professional networking
- Experience with technical recruitment an asset
- Friendly, personable and professional with excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A positive attitude and solutions-driven mind-frame
- Ability to stay calm and focused within a fast paced and evolving environment
- Comfortable using general recruitment tracking tools and social recruitment
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages and have a strong focus on diversity, inclusiveness and equitable compensation. We also offer flexible hours and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
From our commitment to giving back (support for everyone to volunteer with a charitable or community initiative), our culture committee (social events, team-building, diversity and inclusion), and our support for personal and career development through our learning & development program, we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
BBTV is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all people.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.