Senior Mobile Game Designer
BBTV is a media-tech company advancing the world through the creation, distribution, management and monetization of content. BBTV provides end-to-end solutions to content owners including proprietary tech, leading services and enhanced distribution & monetization. We have built proprietary VISO technologies leveraging machine learning, digital signal processing and big data to power our platform and ecosystem. Our key revenue streams represent the most relevant and scalable opportunities for monetization of digital IP across advertising, SaaS/content management, mobile apps and other revenue streams. BBTV is the second largest video property worldwide in terms of unique viewers following only Google, reaching tens of billions of monthly impressions.
BBTV’s Interactive department is the only team in the world dedicated to making hit mobile games for social media creators. Examples include Spy Ninja Network and Fernanfloo achieving top chart positions with 5 and 15 million installs respectively. Always focused on quality, we are one of the top 25 publishers in the world by app store review scores.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Game Designer to join our growing team! Please note this is a remote consultant position located in Brazil.
As a Senior Mobile Game Designer, you live and breathe mobile games. You thrive in a “best ideas wins” culture , know the competition inside out and are an expert on engaging, monetizing and retaining players.
You are able to design games that fit within a clear business strategy and work with external developers to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality and according to the vision of the Director of Interactive and Lead Game Designer.
As our ideal candidate, you have experience with the entire mobile game life cycle, from pre-production through live ops, and know how to prioritize. You have experience with many areas of design, including concept, gameplay, systems, and economy tuning. Experience working with external or remote development teams is a major plus.
- Support the Lead Game Designer on various games from the concept phase through post-launch.
- Write and collaborate on game design documents for internal and external stakeholders to help align the team on a clear vision for each game.
- Contribute to game designs for up to 5 games simultaneously, at various stages of development.
- Review builds throughout the development cycle to ensure high quality execution, providing clear, timely and prioritized feedback to developers.
- Analyze and understand influencers and their audiences in order to make informed game design decisions.
- Contribute to the creation of captivating pitch decks to get influencers excited about new games.
- Utilize analytics and player feedback to support suggested product improvements after launch.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of full-cycle experience in the mobile game industry including direct experience designing commercially successful, free to play, mobile games.
- Open-minded, flexible and driven.
- Great at identifying and overcoming design-related problems early.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required; game design degree a definite plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good UX sensibilities paired with the ability to create wireframes where required.
- Experience interpreting analytics and making informed, data-driven decisions.
- Direct experience designing game economies and tuning/balancing game systems.
- Deep knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization mechanics as they apply to hyper-casual games.
- Excellent organizational skills paired with strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
- A positive attitude and a deep sense of satisfaction earned by launching multiple games each year.
BBTV is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all people. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies, BBTV does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, BBTV employees or any other company location. BBTV is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.