3D Artist, Mobile Games
BBTV is a media-tech company advancing the world through the creation, distribution, management and monetization of content. BBTV provides end-to-end solutions to content owners including proprietary tech, leading services and enhanced distribution & monetization. We have built proprietary VISO technologies leveraging machine learning, digital signal processing and big data to power our platform and ecosystem. Our key revenue streams represent the most relevant and scalable opportunities for monetization of digital IP across advertising, SaaS/content management, mobile apps and other revenue streams. BBTV is the second largest video property worldwide in terms of unique viewers following only Google, reaching tens of billions of monthly impressions.
BBTV Interactive is a creator-centric mobile game publisher with a focus on developing titles for highly engaged audiences. We are uniquely positioned to leverage our vast network of creators to launch profitable games without relying on a traditional User Acquisition model. We've published some of the highest rated games on the Google Play and Apple App store (we are one of the top 25 publishers in the world by app store review scores) for some of the largest creators in the world. Our most recent launch, Krew Eats became the #1 most downloaded game on iPad in the US and 10 other countries, within 24 of launch.
We are looking for a talented 3D artist to join our growing team. The ideal candidate loves mobile games and is a superstar at modeling and texturing, while having additional rigging, animation or VFX creation capabilities.
- Work with the relevant game team to meet the artistic requirements of each project
- Create 3D models, textures, UV mapping, rigging, and basic hard surface animations for game assets including characters, vehicles, weapons and other props
- Deliver work within poly/tri budgets for optimal mobile device performance
- Interpret and implement the team’s suggestions on aesthetics, optimizations, and other technical requirements
- Provide recommendations for aesthetics and optimization that will enhance the final end product.
- Manage assigned tasks on Trello or ClickUp
- Pose high resolution 3D models for use in marketing campaigns
- Meet project deadlines/milestones as set by project leads
- Offer flexibility in exploring different art styles
- Participate in team project meetings as required and 1-on-1 check-in meetings every other week
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years game industry employment as a 3D game artist
- Knowledge of 3D game art creation, processes, and development pipelines
- Proficient knowledge of 3D modeling low and high-poly assets and texturing
- Skilled with industry standard tools
- Thorough working knowledge of the Unity Game Engine including 3D object and animation pipelines
- A solid understanding of lighting, perspective and color theory
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates breadth of skill, styles, genres
- Excellent personal, written and oral communication skills
- Bonus points for the ability to implement game assets directly in Unity
- Bonus points for 2D skills: ability to hand-paint textures and generate concept sketches
- Bonus points for rigging, animation or VFX capabilities
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, flexible hours and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
From our commitment to giving back (support for everyone to volunteer with a charitable or community initiative), our culture committee (social events, team-building, diversity and inclusion), and our support for personal and career development through our learning & development program, we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
BBTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to foster a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the individuals we serve and to provide employees with a meaningful and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination and harassment.
BBTV believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Indigenous people, people of color, people of all genders or non-genders, and people with disabilities of all types are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies, BBTV does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, BBTV employees or any other company location. BBTV is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.