Junior Content Executive
Job Title: Junior content executive
Location: Remote (required to visit events and weekly meetings in London or Stoke Park, Suffolk or Cambridge once the pandemic is over)
Responsible to: Marketing manager
Hours of Work: Part-time (15 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Requirements: University-level degree (ideally content related such as journalism, English or video production), some work experience. Good grasp of the English language and communication skills. Experience writing articles or producing videos is required, and social media experience is welcome. A background in – and strong knowledge of – both esports and video games is also recommended. Flexible working hours may be required, for example for one-off events or tournaments.
- To produce content for the British Esports Association’s website and various channels, reporting in to the head of content and working alongside the marketing team. This includes producing articles for the website, possibly videos for YouTube and Twitch, producing newsletters, writing press releases and more.
- To engage with the esports community and British Esports’ followers with quality, relevant content, both informative and entertaining.
- Produce articles for the British Esports website, including articles, news, interviews, advice content and more
- Maintain and update the website, ensuring the website calendar, team pages, game pages and general info is well up to date
- Help provide content for the marketing team, including content for social media platforms and other marketing communications
- Help produce the British Esports’ weekly email newsletter
- Work on PR related projects and write press releases where required
- Populate British Esports’ various channels with content, including video content on YouTube, Twitter, Twitch and more, working alongside the marketing team, the wider British Esports team and game advisers, volunteers and more
- Host streams and videos
- Produce and edit videos
- To liaise with key stakeholders (schools/colleges/publishers/friends of the association) in esports and work with partners on various esports initiatives
- Complete tasks set by the head of content
- Work with the British Esports team to produce content for projects they may be working on, including the British Esports Championships and Women in Esports initiative
- Make sure all external websites and third parties have accurate and update information and photographs, working alongside the marketing team
- Attend specific meetings and present detailed information e.g. Advisory Board meetings
- Regularly attend esports events in the UK
- Follow the brand guidelines for the British Esports Association, set by the marketing team
Ad Hoc Projects:
- Business development projects with third party brands.
- Market research.
- Speaker slots.
Policy and Procedures:
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and organisation.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the management.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
The deadline for applications is end of play January 17th 2021.