Freelance Video Editor
Job Title: Freelance video editor
Location: Remote (may be required to visit events and weekly meetings in London or Stoke Park or Cambridge once the pandemic is over)
Responsible to: Marketing manager
Hours of Work: Part-time (15 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Requirements: University-level degree (ideally content related such as video production), some work experience. Good communication skills and camera skills and ability to meet deadlines. Experience producing videos is required. A background in – and strong knowledge of – both esports and video games is also recommended. Flexible working hours may be required, for example for one-off events or tournaments.
Overall Purpose: To produce content for the British Esports Association’s website and various channels, reporting in to the head of content and marketing manager and working alongside the executive team. This includes producing videos for the website, YouTube, marketing projects and other content and social media based platforms.
To engage with the esports community and British Esports’ followers with quality, relevant content, both informative and entertaining.
- Provide creative video editorial for a wide range of projects across the British Esports Association, including motion graphics, music and sound effects to create works that excite, inform, and still tell a story.
- Take ownership when needed, while remaining flexible to collaboration and iteration, working with a team of dedicated game capture artists, a motion graphics artist and project directors
- Must be able to operate with varying degrees of supervision
- Work with the head of content and to come up with new video ideas to align with current trends in video games and esports
- Ingest, organize and update footage and locate archival assets necessary to support their assignment objectives
- Use motion graphics and video editing techniques to create visually innovative, high quality video pieces
- Work on content at a pre and post-production level
- Use cameras and equipment to produce original content
Ad Hoc Projects:
- Market research
- Speaker slots
Policy and Procedures:
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and organisation.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the management.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
The deadline for applications is end of play January 17th 2021.