We’re looking for a Writing Intern to join our team to work on Phantom Brigade and Industries of Titan! The duration of this internship will be 4 months. This is a full-time position, paying $20/hr.
- Assisting with creating characters and backstory
- Writing narrative events
- Help with a variety of gameplay writing, such as character dialogue, UI text, art briefs, item descriptions etc.
- Help create supporting documents for the games
- Miscellanous other writing tasks
Please include 1-3 pieces of writing with your application. It does not need to be games writing and nor does it need to be part of an existing game or previously published.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Fluent English with an excellent grasp of language
- Creativity, knowledge of literature and communication skills
- Flexible approach to the creation process
- Readiness to learn tools and editors used in the process of creating games
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a creative team
This is a four month long internship with Brace Yourself Games which is located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. We develop games because games make us happy. If we’re not having fun doing it, what’s the point? No one at BYG is required to work more than 40 hours per week. We maintain an inclusive, supportive, fun company culture. We’re looking for the candidate who will make BYG an even better place to work! We will respond to successful applicants with an offer to interview. Thanks very much! We look forward to hearing from you.
The creators of Cadence of Hyrule, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Phantom Brigade, and Industries of Titan are now hiring a writing intern!