Brace Yourself Games is an independent game studio based in downtown Vancouver, BC., known for creating Cadence of Hyrule, Crypt of the NecroDancer, Industries of Titan, and Phantom Brigade.
We develop games because games make us happy. If we’re not having fun doing it, what’s the point? Balance is important to us, so no one at BYG is required to work more than 40 hours per week. We maintain an inclusive, supportive, fun company culture with unique learning opportunities like Free Fridays, space for career growth, and competitive compensation.
We pride ourselves on being the "indie katamari", "rolling up" some of the best talent in the industry. We’re looking for the candidate who will make BYG an even better place to work!
We’re looking for a seasoned producer with agile development experience to facilitate our development teams and manage our cross-functional production team.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring smooth delivery of monthly game updates for multiple concurrent early access titles: Industries of Titan and Phantom Brigade
- Facilitating team Scrum meetings, such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
- Attending and facilitating Daily Scrum meetings
- Managing a cross-disciplinary team of production and support staff
- Scheduling meetings as requested by teams, and maintaining studio-wide meeting harmony, efficiency, and leanness
- Giving our team leads feedback on priorities and assisting in long-term road mapping
- Administrative tasks related to keeping our bug tracking system clean and organized
- Creating process-related documentation for our company and team wikis.
- Carefully crafting process improvements via expertise and consensus-building
- Gathering and analyzing metrics to help with data-driven decision-making
- Occasionally managing temporary 3rd party contractor relationships, and short-term projects like a localization phase of a project
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a video game project management role
- Have shipped at least 1 commercial game while in a project management role
- Detail-oriented, responsive, punctual, and extremely reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada. (We will sponsor a visa for the right candidate.)
- Available to start within 3 months
- Scrum Master or Scrum Product Owner certification
This is a local, permanent, full-time position with Brace Yourself Games, located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. Rate of pay is above industry standard and includes a profit sharing plan and an outstanding benefits package.
We will respond to successful applicants with an offer to interview. Thanks very much! We look forward to hearing from you.