Lead Product Manager
The Lead Product Manager owns engagement, retention, monetization, and growth for one or more of the games in Boss Fight’s portfolio. The Lead PM will play a key role in defining strategy, analytics, and live operation responsibilities for other PMs on the game(s). The Lead PM will be responsible for setting reporting standards and offer insight into the future direction for games under his/her direction.
- Leverage live ops tools, analytics, A/B testing, and other tools to optimize player experience and drive business objectives
- Supervise, train, mentor, motivate and inspire other Product Managers on the team
- Collaborate with production, and marketing teams to define, design and manage features and functionality that support the overall strategic vision of the product(s)
- Partner with the General Manager to drive KPIs and targets for products and features
- Monitor game and guide team to achieving results through the definition of associated KPIs
- Partner with production and design teams to conceptualize and implement engaging features, mechanics, systems, and modalities of play that accomplish goals
- Identify opportunities to maximize player experience and performance
- Partner with analytics to establish experimentation road map, using A/B testing to meet goals and create product and player insight. Translate outcomes into relevant recommendations
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our games and the market
- Mentor and assist team members to find a resolution for complex problems
- Develop successful relationships across the studio and with external partners
- Develop and implement effective review cycles of the state of our games that carefully consider internal and external feedback as well as key product metrics to continually improve the product
- Define and implement metrics and tracking tools for the product and use the data to inform game design and drive decisions for optimization and future feature development
- Work with marketing and community to deliver coherent message to players
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
- Lead by example, creating a strong sense of purpose and community, and promoting a culture of excellence
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform research analytics at industry, genre, and game level to inform product
- Strong business & creative capabilities. You can connect detailed player behavior and financial outcomes
- Able to manage multiple, and competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment and meet deadlines with limited direction
- Excellent attention to detail and strong desire to iterate and improve on processes
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and communications skills
- Comfortable interacting and presenting to all levels of the company, especially key stakeholders, and publishers
- Exceptional mentoring and supervisory skills and abilities
- Self-motivated team player able to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
Education and Experience
- 5 years' experience in a game product management role
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or related field
- Live free-to-play game experience on at least 1 top mobile title
- Strong experience in quantitative analysis, including the ability to model game parameters using Excel, SQL, and business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Understanding and experience with a wide range of business models and monetization mechanics, including, but not limited to, free-to-play and subscriptions business models
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm CST, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time frame. This means you will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
Occasional travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is required that you have reliable transportation to get to/from work, as well as for various work-related tasks/assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.