Senior Systems Engineer (Star Wars)
BossAlien is an award-winning developer of mobile games based in Brighton, UK, and we’re excited to announce the expansion of our team into Austin, TX! As we establish our presence in the Lone Star State, we need Software Engineers to help us build a new, premiere mobile game in the Star Wars universe.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to build a landmark title based on one of the world’s most beloved creative properties that will engage with millions of players daily, and to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America.
The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software systems.
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, C#, Java, Objective-C, Swift etc.) and their associated frameworks.
- Be experienced in systems-related engineering domains such as low-level systems, networking, streaming, SDK integration, engine source modification and automation, optimization and device performance.
Work on low-level game client systems and developer tooling, having an impact across the scope of the game on performance and developer efficiency.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know