Senior Game UI Engineer - StarWars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms.
As a key member of our team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse and experienced crew of developers, and to help us build leading-edge technology and content pipelines for a new, premiere mobile game in the Star Wars universe. This is a rare and unique opportunity to build a landmark title based on one of the worlds most beloved creative properties that will engage with millions of players daily.
As Senior Game UI Engineer you will be responsible for implementing intuitive and polished interfaces for frontend and in-game features.
NaturalMotion has been consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by gamesindustry.biz, and was named Best Large Company in the UK in 2020. Join us!
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with artists and designers to ensure player experiences are best-in-class.
- Architect and implement sophisticated game UI/UX systems and features with Unreal Engine 4 and server-side logic.
- Create and maintain tools and workflows that improve engineering, art and design productivity.
- Iterate on existing features and systems to improve game-feel, performance, and stability.
Required Experience And Skills
- Expertise with UE4 or similar engines; experienced with user interface and performance profiling systems.
- Excellent C++ language skills.
- Experience developing for iOS and Android platforms.
- Solid understanding of GPU chipsets and performance characteristics.
- Strong architecture, system design, and analytical skills.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Experience shipping games in a commercial environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic teammate with a collaborative mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Passionate about game development and the future of the medium.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Shipping experience on non-mobile platforms (Windows, Switch, PS4, Xbox One).
- Live game experience, supporting content updates and developing new features.
- Excellent 3D Math skills.
- Action, FPS or MOBA game development experience.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 day’s holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Mondays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.