Game Designer (Content/Events) - Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for Game Designer (Content/Events) to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will work hand in hand with the rest of game design, product management, and creative leadership to build engaging live events that bring people back to the game day after day, week after week, and month after month.
We are seeking a capable implementer and designer who enjoys crafting multifaceted game experiences out of your toolbox, and know how to re-assemble those parts into many different and exciting challenges that will delight players. You are a storyteller who looks for ways to express narrative outside of simple dialogue or cutscenes, finding ways to bolster arcs through gameplay, events, and environment.
Finally, you have a love and admiration for the Star Wars universe, and embrace the chance to make your mark and tell your story within one of the most beloved and storied franchises of all time.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Create player engagement by crafting exciting live events in partnership with Engineers and Product Managers that delight players
- Create short and long term player activities, such as one-off challenges, multi-part events, seasonal themes and arcs, and more
- Work with writers and other designers to create content that advances the narrative of the game
- Partner with art to implement new cosmetic content and other customizations for characters
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in crafting game content or events for a live or regularly updated game
- Familiarity working with Economy and Meta Designers, as well as Product Managers, on rewards and reward cadences
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.