Senior Server Software Engineer
Are you a Software Engineer who dreams of being a founding part of a close-knit team focused on multiplayer game development? Do you bring your dreams to life through code? At Bonfire Studios, we know that building great games requires great engineering. We are looking to expand our team with an innovative problem solver and strong communicator who is able to anticipate the needs of the team, facilitate fast iteration, and deliver rock-solid stability with high scalability.
About the role...
- We are a highly collaborative, cross discipline team where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. Each engineer has areas of responsibility but we avoid technical silos -- we all support and pitch in across the codebase, and the whole is greater than the sum of our parts.
- You’ll wear many hats, have ample opportunity to utilize your prior game development experience, and also be supported in experimenting with new areas of interest to you.
- You will use your keen eye for good game design, high quality bar, and data-oriented design approach to stand up end-to-end gameplay features, translating creative visions into technical realities that allow content creators to iterate with minimal engineering intervention.
- You’ll be contributing to our flagship title utilizing Unity’s new DOTS tech stack in C#. Your additional experience in other platforms, programming languages, and scripting technologies will be appreciated and put to good use.
- As a generalist, you'll be able to contribute to different aspects of development based on your strengths and passions. However, your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbound; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives on game development to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the game and the company outside your core focus (e.g. AI, networking, animation, physics, team building, leadership, etc.).
You’re interested in this opportunity because you...
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Thrive on collaboration and are excited about jumping into a non-hierarchical, peer-supported, and self-directed environment.
- Want to have a large impact in your own AAA studio, rolling up your sleeves and diving into all aspects of company and product development.
We’re excited about you because you...
- Communicate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Are open, humble, eager, and excited about learning and contributing in multiple areas of the studio. Your curiosity propels you to jump in and dive deep on new problems.
- Clearly articulate engineering architectural designs and tradeoffs with other developers, including content creators.
You’ll love working at Bonfire because we…
- Are a small, tight-knit group of game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game. (Learn more about our team here!)
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.