We are a growing team based in Prague (Czech Republic), developing world leading game-based military simulations for major NATO powers and their allies. We are constantly looking for ways to advance the whole industry, using the latest technologies and trends (such as whole world simulation, virtual reality and motion tracking).
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team! As a member of the design team, you will work with technical game designers, artists, programmers, QA, and other developers to implement compelling and accessible UI for our products.
Importantly, as a member of a small, global UX team you will be responsible for owning the UX on multiple projects and being an advocate for UX across our global organization. While we have a UX process in place, it is growing and evolving and we are looking for someone that can bring industry best practices with them to contribute to our growing UX need. You will be supported in this effort by colleagues with a strong understanding of our company, our products, and our current development methodologies.
Our unique environment is better than developing AAA games or boring business software:
- We give you freedom and responsibility to do things well, support you, train you, and teach you.
- We have a relaxed environment where we aim not to limit our staff with too many regulations. We trust you.
- We offer a wide variety of work and a crunch / overtime free environment due to our management standards and business model.
- You will join a growing company with a lot of exciting opportunities and new challenges.Our business has a worthy cause, the work we do has an actual impact on making the world a safer place.
Must be able to make military-grade game UI in a fast paced environment!
As a UX designer, you will own the UX process on multiple projects. On each project, you will work with the product owner, dev team, and stakeholders to refine requirements and lead the UX process from there. We have an existing ecosystem of products, features and a style guide which you must be able to work within and improve. You will need flexibility and creativity, as projects can range from a simple set of infantry features to a complex armored fighting vehicle simulator. No two projects will be the same, always bringing a new challenge!
Do you have what it takes?
- Prior professional experience as a UI or UX designer for software, games, web, or mobile apps
- Must have skills including but not limited to: user research, user testing, creating use cases and user personas, user flow charts, mind mapping, information architecture
- Skill in graphic / visual design
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, making tough decisions about when a design is "good enough"
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and specifications to a broad range of team members from different disciplines
- High level of initiative, self-direction, and self-teaching
- Familiarity with UX tools such as Invision, Axure, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, etc
- Ability to do rapid prototypes and interactive prototypes
Extra credit if you have experience in any of the following:
- Video game development (especially first person shooters)
- Military knowledge or interest
- Style guide creation, maintenance, or usage
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a following benefits package:
- Health and life insurance coverage
- Voluntary vision, dental and disability insurance
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Qualified Retirement plan with a 3% company contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid Parental Leave